Charvin Extra-Fine Artists' Oil Colors and Sets
Charvin Maison de Haute Couleur ("House of High Color") has been meticulously creating fine artists' oil colors for over 175 years, serving such masters as Cezanne, Bonnard, and Ambrogiani. Using only the highest grade pigments that have been triple-milled down to the finest particle size, Charvin Extra Fine Oil Colors span a naturally progressing color range with shades from the most subtle to the most brilliant. The main binding ingredient in Charvin Extra Fine oils is poppy oil, which dries slower than linseed oil but without its tendency to yellow over time, and poppy oil also provides a rich creaminess to the paint texture.
Permanent and lightfast, Charvin Extra Fine Oils are an elite line of brilliant colors designed to accurately reflect the hues of the world around you, and hence are ideal for plein aire painting. The smooth and creamy texture lends itself perfectly to heavy texture and impasto painting, yet the high pigment concentration also allows the paint to be thinned down to the most subtle and luminous glazes. The generous, 210-color palette is adaptable to virtually any subject, and all colors are available in 20 ml, 60 ml or 150 ml tubes. From the palettes of the masters to your own paint box: bring the experience of centuries and the brilliance of the Riviera to your own paintings with Charvin Extra Fine Oil Colors!
- Over 175 years of experience and innovation
- Highest quality pigments, triple-milled for smooth texture
- Non-yellowing poppy oil provides brilliance, richness and creaminess
- Ideal for any application from thin glazes to heavy impasto
- Vast, well-balanced range of 208 vibrant colors
- Available in 20 ml, 60 ml, and 150 ml tubes
- Perfect for plein aire painting!