LUKAS Oil Painting Mediums, Solvents, and Varnishes
- Balsam Turpentine - Best for use when painting with resin based mediums such as Liquin. Excellent thinner for oil colors. Will make colors flatter in tone.
- Bleached Linseed Oil - Lighter than commercial grades of oil. Free from impurities, it is an excellent binder and thinner for oil colors. Will increase the flow of colors while maintaining sheen.
- Citrus Turpentine - Pleasant smelling alternative to other turpentine products. Use to thin oil colors and for clean up.
- Medium No. 2 - Intended to slow the rate of drying for oil colors or alkyd based colors. Not as harsh as siccatives, it may be used as a medium.
- Medium No. 3 - Intended to speed the rate of drying of oil colors or Alkyd based colors such as Griffin.
- Medium No. 4 - A choice blend for working with oils, giving them an ideal flow and superb brush on quality. Will not change the drying rate of oil or resin based colors.
- Picture Varnish - Resin based final varnish for oil paintings that dries to an elastic, non-yellowing film.