Gamblin Oil Mediums, Grounds, and Varnishes
- Gamsol - Quality low-odor solvent and medium and for general oil painting. Gamsol is also an excellent studio and brush cleaner.
- Gamvar - Conservation quality varnish for oil, acrylic and alkyd paintings. This resin varnish may be removed with a mild solvent and contains a UV stabilizer. Developed in association with the National Gallery of Art. Package makes enough varnish to cover 80 sq ft.
- Oil Painting Ground - For strong, bright foundations of oil paintings. Requires only 2 coats. Formulated from alkyd resin, titanium dioxide and barium sulfate. Stiffer than traditional gesso.
- PVA Size - Use as a barrier size between linen or cotton canvas instead of rabbit skin glue. Remains flexible and won't yellow, shrink or swell.
- Alkali Refined Linseed Oil - Processed from flax seeds. This linseed is the purest and lightest industrially produced variety.
- Cold Pressed Linseed Oil - Made from the first pressing of flax seeds without heat or chemicals of any kind.
- Poppy Oil - Poppy Oil's slow drying time may be useful for painters using "wet into wet" techniques. Adding 10% by volume poppy oil slows down the drying time of Gamblin Galkyd Painting Mediums.
- Stand Oil - Vaccuum bodied heavy oil which can be used in painting and glazing mediums. Dries to an enamel like finish.
- Cold Wax Medium - Made from natural white unbleached beeswax. Mix directly into colors. Cold Wax Medium creates an ultra-thick, matte impasto. For greater shine and flexibility mix with Galkyd medium.
- "G-Gel" - Made from alkyd resin, Galkyd Gel is a colorless oil paint additive that accelerates the drying rate of oil colors and enables artists to create thick transparent paintings with a moderate sheen.
- Galkyd Original Painting Medium - Alkyd-based resin painting medium that thins oil paints and maintains a strong flexible paint film. Galkyd speeds the drying rate and is excellent for glazing providing an enamel like finish. Thins with solvent.
- Galkyd Lite - This low-viscosity alkyd resin painting medium is a good replacement for traditional damar/ linseed oil/ turpentine combination mediums. It will give you longer working time and it will maintain your brush strokes. Thins with solvent.
- Galkyd Slow-Dry - Especially formulated to thin oil colors and give painters extended working time. To use mix equal portions of medium with oil colors to paint wet for at least a day. Since this product should not be diluted you may want to purchase the larger size.
- Neo-Megilp - When mixed into oil colors Neo-Megilp makes them richer and deeper and finished paintings have a luminous glow! Neo-Megilp will not darken or crack over time. Thins with mineral spirits, turpentine or turpentine substitute.
- Wax Pastilles - Small beads of naturally white unbleached beeswax.
webbasix.com WBX.MARS v6.1.5072.32018
This page loaded in: 0.125 seconds.