LUKAS Acrylic Paint Mediums
Professional quality acrylic mediums imported from Germany!
LUKAS has a rich tradition of top quality art supplies, supplying professional quality colors and mediums to artists since 1862. Developed with special care, their high-quality acrylic mediums, pastes, gels, primers, retarders, and varnishes have been carefully created to fulfill any acrylic painter’s needs from the start to the finish of your painting. Any imagined texture, technique, or even faux finish is capable with one or more of the mediums below. All mediums can be mixed with traditional acrylics for custom effects!
For more traditional painting techniques, LUKAS manufactures a wide variety of acrylic painting mediums to dilute the paint, glaze, help the painter obtain different film sheens, and even retard the drying time to enable the painter to produce more wet-in-wet techniques, traditionally reserved for oil painters. LUKAS even offers acrylic-based mediums for use in airbrushing, pastel grounds, and more, besides their extensive collection of pastes, gels, and mediums. Spray varnishes offered provide UV Protective final varnish that works on oils, acrylics, tempera, and gouache.
- Pouring Medium -Use with acrylics to create fluid art. Improves the flow properties of acrylic paints. Dries shiny, waterproof and transparent.
- Crackle Varnish #1 -Use alone or with Crackling Varnish #2 to create an antique, "craqueleure" effect on acrylic or oil paintings.
- Crackle Varnish #2 -Use with 2 different acrylic colors to create beautiful bi-colored "craqueleure" effects.
- CRYL Varnish -Quick drying, water-bright, synthetic resin varnish for acrylic, oil and alkyd paintings. Dries to a non-yellowing, elastic protective film.
- Crystal Gel Medium -Crystal clear, high gloss structure gel for use alone or mixed with acrylic colors in thick application and impasto techniques.
- Patina Medium -Alkyd-based medium, when mixed with a dark brown oil color, can be rubbed over acrylic or oil paintings to give them an antiqued appearance.
- CRYL Acrylic Medium -Gel-like medium, delays the drying of acrylic paints.
- CRYL Studio Acrylic Binder -Water-insoluble, this shiny binder thins acrylic colors without the loss of adhesion. Primarily used to mix with acrylic paints and primers.